Saturday 17 December 2011

The Wonders of ESPN Classic

After coming home from university in early December I sat down and simply watched the most entertaining rugby union match I'd ever seen, it was the Barbarians v New Zealand at Cardiff in 1973. I'd sampled the delights of ESPN Classic before, enjoying the likes of Bob Willis bowling at the Australians and Muhammad Ali fighting Joe Frazier but I had never seen anything like this before. If anyone has seen this match you'd know what I'm talking about.

Swashbuckling, daring, fearless; those are the words I'd use to describe both sides as these amateur players scythed through defenses. Forget Quade Cooper, if you really want to know how to sidestep watch this. Did I mention the first Barbarians try is widely regarded as the best try ever?
I don't want to go on about it but basically if you're a fan of rugby this game is a must-see!

I've attached the link just to be nice, enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0QyA&feature=player_embedded



No comments:

Post a Comment